FINE ART TECHNIQUES Volume 4 – Understanding Layers & Masks
6×9 full color 60 pages of step-by-step instructions
Volume 4 is a workbook for digital photographers who have a basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Camera Raw or Lightroom but have been fearful or just confused about layers, layer masks and making selections.
I’ve been urged to build this workbook by many photographers who told me they want to use layers; they know that post processing now nearly requires the use of layers and masks. Yet these concepts seem so confusing. I believe this book will teach you layers and layer masks especially when used with Adjustment Layers. The most misunderstood tool is selections and how they can be used with a Pixel Layer and an Adjustment Layer. This book provides step-by-step exercises for selecting a human figure and placing the figure into another image.
- Setting up the Photoshop workspace with Layers Panel, Adjustments Panel and Channels Panel
- Adjustments Layers used on sample images
- Moving layers, Deleting Layers
- Layer masks on Pixel Layers and Adjustment Layers
- Painting on a layer mask
- Making a selection of a sky and placing clouds
- Making a selection of a portion of an image with enhancements
- Creative use of layers to create composites
- Selecting a human figure and placing the figure in another image
- Placing Text Layers on an image
CLICK HERE FOR PRICING AND MORE OF FINE ART TECHNIQUES VOLUME 4
Sample Images Are Provided For The Exercises
FINE ART TECHNIQUES VOLUME 4
This fine art techniques workbook of 60 pages contains five sections with step-by-step exercises for understanding the basics of layers, masks and selections.
SECTION 1 – UNDERSTANDING BASICS OF LAYERS
SECTION 2 – UNDERSTANDING BASICS OF MASKS
SECTION 3 – UNDERSTANDING BASICS OF SELECTIONS
SECTION 4 – USING LAYERS, MASKS AND SELECTIONS
SECTION 5 – THE CHALLENGE USING LAYERS, MASKS AND SELECTIONS
FINE ART TECHNIQUES
Understanding Layers, Masks and Selections
6×9 full color 60 pages
This is a work book for digital photographers who have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Camera RAW or Lightroom.
Work through the downloaded samples and watch your images emerge into fine art!
For Pricing and Purchase Information
Contact John at: